We have just release an update (1.0.19574) for Stronghold Crusader 2, which can be downloaded automatically via the Steam client. This new update introduces a new skirmish map, map balancing and fixes for player-reported issues. We have also added unit and building stats to the info page, revealing exact damage values, special abilities, building strength and more!
- New skirmish map: ‘The Breath of Life’.
- Tooltips for all troop command buttons.
- Well sprite for mini-map.
- Anti-cheat protection.
- Unit and building stats.
- ‘Close Encounters’ multiplayer map re-balanced.
- ‘Isolation’ Desert Heat Trail mission re-balanced.
- ‘Hope Springs’ Way of the Warrior Trail mission re-balanced.
- Trebuchet damage halved.
- Help icons now all linked to correct help file pages.
- Lobby type (Public, Friends and Invite) now displays correctly for clients.
- Players prevented from moving troops into neutral estates during peacetime using the mini-map.
- Gatehouse will not continue to be captured once enemy troops are no longer on top of it.
- Exploit removed where player Lords could be pushed out of the playable map area.
- Walls are now always built at correct plateau heights, fixing various wall bugs.
- Rally points no longer visible for enemy or ally players in multiplayer.
- Saves and resyncs now always work when using a custom map sent to clients through the multiplayer lobby.
- Knights will not dismount before crossing bridges on horseback.
- Iron Mine workers will not die when an Iron Mine is deleted or destroyed.
- Engine tower armour values fixed.
- Fixed various crash and sync issues.
Click here for a full list of updates since launch.
We hope you enjoy the new content and look forward to future updates in the coming weeks and months. We really are just getting started and, after we have finished working on fixes and optimisation, the team will be adding more features and content. Extra AI characters will come in the form of paid-for DLC, but the majority of this post-release content will be free and automatically downloaded through Steam.
Please Note – If you have successfully updated Crusader 2 the correct version number (1.0.19574) should appear at the bottom of the main title screen. If these version numbers do not match up please exit the game and restart your Steam client, doing so until you force the new update to download.
After downloading the update if you are experiencing an issue not listed in the fixes above please let us know. We are a small team of developers and every support ticket submitted to our QA brings us closer to a bug-free game. You can submit a ticket by heading to the Firefly support site and reporting the issue in full.