We are happy to announce that the Winter Update for Stronghold Crusader 2 is now live on Steam! Today’s release (Version 1.0.19990) adds full Steam Workshop support, six new skirmish maps voted for by players and advanced multiplayer features including Strong Walls and Double Health Walls.
- Upload and share maps through Steam.
- Download and play user-created maps and missions.
- Vote, subscribe and comment on maps.
- Publish direct to Steam Workshop from the Map Editor.
Classic Map Pack (Available on the Steam Workshop Page)
- The River
- North Vs South
- A Friend Indeed
- Great Euphrates
- Green Belt
- The Ford Across The River
New Multiplayer Advanced Options
- Strong Walls
- Double Strength Walls
- Trade Restrictions
- No Trebuchets
- No Assassins
- No Traps
- No Engine Towers
- No Fire
- Waterfalls added to the Map Editor.
- Steam Group Chat button added to the Multiplayer lobby.
- Multithreaded pathfinding improvements.
- Optimisation for formation movement code.
- Increased range at which Siege Camps can be placed near enemy units and buildings.
As our first expansion-style update for Stronghold Crusader 2, we hope the Winter Update conveys our commitment to the game post-release and into 2015. Players can now log into Steam, automatically download the latest version and gain access to six new skirmish maps by visiting the Crusader 2 Steam Workshop page. In addition to Steam Workshop support and the Classic Map Pack, we have also added several advanced Multiplayer features requested by players. These Multiplayer options are designed to allow Crusader Lords and Ladies to tailor their experience of the game by turning off certain units, gameplay features and even change the way walls can be damaged by other players.
Please enjoy the new update and look forward to more content and DLC next year!
Note – The above version number should now appear at the bottom of the main Crusader 2 title screen. If the version numbers do not match up please exit the game and restart your Steam client, doing so until you force the new update to download. All maps included in the Classic Map Pack must be downloaded via the Crusader 2 Steam Workshop page. This can be accessed via the Steam client or by logging into the Steam Store through a web browser.