With full Steam Workshop support added last week in our Winter Update, it is now easier than ever to share your own custom maps, missions and castle replicas with the Crusader 2 community. We have already seen some amazingly inventive creations, as befitting the Stronghold community, now we want to reward your efforts with our first Crusader 2 Custom Map Competition! Demonstrate your creativity, level design and ingenuity to the Stronghold community by winning a lifetime’s supply of DLC for Stronghold Crusader 2. See YOUR map featured on the official Crusader 2 website, on social media and anywhere else we can tell the world about your amazing talents. Carve out deep valleys, blue seas and roaring waterfalls in your very own custom map, forming the ultimate battleground on which enemies Lord may duel.
For your chance to win follow these simple steps:
- Run Steam.
- Open the Stronghold Crusader 2 Map Editor in the ‘Tools’ section of your Steam Library.
- Design your custom map.
- Save the map by clicking ‘File’ and ‘Save As’, naming it whatever you like.
- Publish to Steam Workshop by clicking ‘File’ and ‘Publish to Steam Workshop’.
- Write a short description for your map, add all the necessary tags that suit your map and make sure you’ve selected the ‘Everyone’ option in the Visibility section.
- Click ‘Publish’ and check your map appears on the Steam Workshop page.
- Send an email with a link to your custom map to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once all submissions are in we will select two custom maps, one winner and one runner-up. The winner will be blessed with a lifetime’s supply of Stronghold Crusader 2 DLC, receiving all extra paid-for content for the game until our very last DLC pack. Meanwhile our honourable runner-up will be given the game’s first piece of DLC for free!
The Crusader 2 Custom Map Competition begins today, with entries being accepted until the end of the competition in three weeks’ time on January 9th. After this date no new entries will be accepted. We will then play and evaluate each submitted map choosing two players to be our winner and runner-up, who will both be announced and spotlighted on the official Crusader 2 website and Facebook page.
Please note that we can only accept maps that were submitted between December 19th and January 9th (inclusive), any maps submitted before or after these dates will NOT be considered for selection in the competition.
New to the Map Editor? Check out our official guide!
Good Luck! May many hundreds of Crusader Lords spill their armies’ blood on your virtual battlefield…